The Book of Proverbs
1. ¶ Whoso loveth instruction loveth knowledge: but he that hateth reproof is brutish.
2. ¶ A good man obtaineth favour of the LORD: but a man of wicked devices will he condemn.
3. ¶ A man shall not be established by wickedness: but the root of the righteous shall not be moved.
4. ¶ A virtuous woman is a crown to her husband: but she that maketh ashamed is as rottenness in his bones.
5. ¶ The thoughts of the righteous are right: but the counsels of the wicked are deceit.
6. ¶ The words of the wicked are to lie in wait for blood: but the mouth of the upright shall deliver them.
7. ¶ The wicked are overthrown, and are not: but the house of the righteous shall stand.
8. ¶ A man shall be commended according to his wisdom: but he that is of a perverse heart shall be despised.
9. ¶ He that is despised, and hath a servant, is better than he that honoureth himself, and lacketh bread.
10. ¶ A righteous man regardeth the life of his beast: but the tender mercies of the wicked are cruel.
11. ¶ He that tilleth his land shall be satisfied with bread: but he that followeth vain persons is void of understanding.
12. ¶ The wicked desireth the net of evil men: but the root of the righteous yieldeth fruit.
13. ¶ The wicked is snared by the transgression of his lips: but the just shall come out of trouble.
14. ¶ A man shall be satisfied with good by the fruit of his mouth: and the recompence of a man's hands shall be rendered unto him.
15. ¶ The way of a fool is right in his own eyes: but he that hearkeneth unto counsel is wise.
16. ¶ A fool's wrath is presently known: but a prudent man covereth shame.
17. ¶ He that speaketh truth sheweth forth righteousness: but a false witness deceit.
18. ¶ There is that speaketh like the piercings of a sword: but the tongue of the wise is health.
19. ¶ The lip of truth shall be established for ever: but a lying tongue is but for a moment.
20. ¶ Deceit is in the heart of them that imagine evil: but to the counsellors of peace is joy.
21. ¶ There shall no evil happen to the just: but the wicked shall be filled with mischief.
22. ¶ Lying lips are abomination to the LORD: but they that deal truly are his delight.
23. ¶ A prudent man concealeth knowledge: but the heart of fools proclaimeth foolishness.
24. ¶ The hand of the diligent shall bear rule: but the slothful shall be under tribute.
25. ¶ Heaviness in the heart of man maketh it stoop: but a good word maketh it glad.
26. ¶ The righteous is more excellent than his neighbour: but the way of the wicked seduceth them.
27. ¶ The slothful man roasteth not that which he took in hunting: but the substance of a diligent man is precious.
28. ¶ In the way of righteousness is life; and in the pathway thereof there is no death.